Logistics was a vital part of the human world even before written history. First, let’s look at the term “logistics”. It is originated from the Ancient Greek “λόγος” (“logos”—”ratio, word, calculation, reason, speech, oration”). In ancient Greek, during Roman and Byzantine empires, there were military officers with the title ‘Logistikas’ who were responsible for financial and supply distribution matters. Also, the Oxford English dictionary defines logistics as: “The branch of military science having to do with procuring, maintaining and transporting material, personnel, and facilities.”
In Ancient Warfare, the armies were not intended to stay out in the field for long durations. Speed and mobility were crucial for an army to achieve victory. We can see even then; logistics was the backbone of the world. Nowadays, anything that can be seen in shops, in our homes, in restaurants and in so many other areas were manufactured somewhere far from our reach. Yet, logistics solves this problem and deliver all those commodities to its consumers.
What is Digital Logistics?
In recent years, we start seeing a new concept: ‘digital logistics’. Many things are written and said about it. In this regard, the most significant thing is to understand what advantages it provides to comprehend the terminology well.
- Digital logistics ensures that there is visibility in quotes and shipments across the whole process.
- Digital logistics is driven by a new generation of web-based, enterprise logistics applications that enable coordination and optimization.
- One of the major, time-saving advantages of digital logistics is that you can enter your shipment details into system and then get an immediate quote for your shipment.
- Neither break your budget nor disrupt your existing systems. Use to move your full truckload (FTL) or less-than-truckload (LTL) quickly and easily.
Get Connected with QuickLoad
The best choice you can make to get connected is with Smart Trucking, which is QuickLoad. QuickLoad eliminates any middlemen and offers a visible connection between shippers and carriers. While technology is improving our way of living, it also improves the logistics sector as well. Matching the right shipper with the right carrier now is the most essential part of the digital logistics. QuickLoad offers the most efficient and effective digital solution to the logistics sector!
- QuickLoad gives a rate for your loads in seconds.
- Freights are safe with pre-approved carriers.
- Now shippers can track their cargo everywhere with the QuickLoad.
- Users may enjoy the advantage of a digital invoice and save their valuable times.
- While getting a quote, shippers can choose the apparatuses required for their shipment to get the most accurate price.
Keep following us to hear more from this journey!